Wednesday 27 April 2011

Thunderstorms & Puppies

There is nothing quite like the sound of rain hitting the ground, or the light sound of thunder rolling in the distance. Where most people would be afraid or feel uneasy, I am most at peace.
When I was a little girl, every time there was a storm, I would run out into the rain with my little rubber boots and dance and splash away. Holding my arms out as far as I could and spinning almost beyond control. Tasting rain and feeling it drip from your lips, down your chin and then fall to your feet, the memories flood my little mind <3


Today was a quiet, yet relaxing day. I woke up with sun on my face, my furry children licking my nose and the smell of fresh linens hanging in the air. That's when I through the blankets off, pulled the sheets and pillow cases and through them in the washer. I folded clothes and towels as I always do (it has become my second job)and breathed in the fresh air coming through my bedroom window.... the smell of spring and damp flowers and three little puppies waiting for hugs and kisses... (sigh)..and I smile.


.... Day's like these make me sleepy =)






What day's do you enjoy most?

No comments:

Post a Comment